Monday 14 December 2009

All This Diva Wants For Christmas Is….

I haven’t been over indulging in Christmas this year, not that I don’t care about the season; it’s simply depressing. Nevertheless I have come up with a Christmas list. I secretly hope Santa has the internet and logs onto my blog, as this would assure my existence in 2010.

Christmas isn’t all about presents and what you can gain materially, it’s meant to involve spending quality time with your loved ones; if you haven’t got anyone, I’m sure there’s enough room around my table, to squeeze a few people in. We continuously depend on Christmas to depress us then excite us; in that exact order. We should all be happy that we’re housed, warm and have people around us, whether over the phone or physically. This is not a rant, this is my Christmas list, so be prepared.

 

1. I love Leopard print, It’s the only time I’m allowed to be an animal, I  really would love a pair of Leopard print slippers and a dressing gown. Just so I can be as warm and smug like a cat. gwwwrrrl!

2. I want as many pillows that can fit on my bed, I want to be able to write in my own world of comfort and pillows. (Imagine the quality, the life, good diva times). And no it’s not because they act as sound mufflers.

 

3. Extreme? No, I need a Mac book, this is more of a necessity if anything, being a writer, you need to pack some power and as much as I hate to admit it, Acer just doesn’t provide the kick I need.

  4. This doesn’t have to be a Christmas present, just a gift! To be honest, I love New York (I’m not talking about the hood loving Tiffany from MTV), I would love the opportunity to live in the big apple and breathe the same air, many successful writers and creative’s once were refreshed by. I want to study there, build my life on the other side of that big blue pond and see where and how far I get. (I’m hoping prime time TV, perhaps? Can you see me being an Oprah/ Mo’nique presenter?)

 

5. This isn’t something I physically want for myself, my last request is something I ask of everyone reading this right now. Christmas is a very lonely time, for a lot of people, I can not begin to stress how vital it is to make sure your friends are safe, and have somewhere to go. Socially you may not be responsible, morally you may not understand; ‘Imagine if you were in their shoes’.

You might not have the money to buy cards, or gifts, but a smile, a gesture and a hug is worth far more than an Iphone , and find it in your heart to invite your lonely friends around for Christmas dinner, your family won’t mind.

So I ask, you all

‘Offer A Helping Hand’ this Christmas. 

 

Have a wicked Christmas everyone. Enjoy it, Relax and Drink!!

Peace, Love and Christmas wishes.

Therryi-Jay

xxx

www.twitter.com/therryijay

2 comments:

Followers